2-days Murchison Falls safari will get your adventure shoes on for a thrill experience, probably Uganda’s most interesting National Park with the world’s most powerful falls and plenty of wildlife to view, hiking to the top, and many more. To the joy of bird lovers, this Murchison Falls safari also involves seeing a variety of bird species.
Highlights for 2-days Murchison Falls safari in Uganda
- An exciting boat cruise on the Victoria Nile to Murchison Falls
- Bird watching during the launch cruise and game drives.
- Hiking and nature walking trails
- Unforgettable game viewing in Murchison Falls National Park
- Exceptional rhino tracking in the ziwa rhino sanctuary
- Travel in a customized 4WD safari vehicle.
- 1-night accommodation
- All meals during the entire safari
- Airport transfers
Detailed Itinerary for Murchison Falls safari in Uganda.
Day 1: Drive to Murchison Falls National Park and Launch Cruise
After your breakfast, you will be picked up by your driver or guide to begin your journey at exactly 6:45 a.m. You will drive directly to the park, and upon your arrival, check into your safari lodge, have lunch, and get some time for relaxation before your afternoon boat trip, which will be concluded with a hike to the top of the falls to take in the beauty of the magnificent falls and enjoy the beautiful scenery with lots of pictures. When you get to the top of the falls, you will have some time to take pictures, and then your driver will transfer you to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
DESTINATION AND ACCOMMODATIONS
- Main destination: Murchison Falls National Park
- Up market accommodation: Chobe Safari Lodge or Paraa Safari Lodge
- Mid-range accommodation: Pakuba Safari Lodge
- Budget accommodation: Heritage Safari Lodge
- Meal plan: full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Day 2: Murchison Falls game drive with Ziwa Rhino visit and back to Kampala
Wake up to a fresh cup of tea or coffee and set out for an early morning game drive by 6:30 a.m., which is a good time to see the animals as they get up to start their day. Return from the game drive for your full breakfast; take a quick shower if you need to before checking out of the safari lodge and begin your journey back to Kampala. Have a stopover at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, the only place in Uganda where you can view white rhinos. After your rhino tracking, take lunch and then proceed to Kampala, where you will be dropped off at your desired location.
- Main destination: Kampala or Entebbe airport
- Meal plan: half board (breakfast and packed lunch)
Things to bring for this Murchison Falls safari in Uganda.
- A rain jacket is essential, as it could unpredictably rain.
- Light clothes, as the sun does shine pretty brightly in this part.
- A torch is essential for safety purposes.
- Sunglasses to protect from direct sun rays.
- A zoom lens camera for photographs
- A good insect repellent will keep those persistent insects away.
- Hiking boots or runners for the hike
Murchison Falls National Park safari in Uganda includes:
- Meals per itinerary
- Pure bottled drinking water
- En-route lunch
- Private safari vehicle
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Accommodation in self-contained rooms or cottages for one night
- All activities indicated in the itinerary
However, Murchison Falls National Park safari excludes:
- Uganda Visa
- Luxury drinks
- Gratitude to local guides
- Porter fee while trekking
- Personal insurance, shopping bills, and cigarettes.