2-days Chimp tracking/trekking in Nyungwe Forest National Park has been an interesting activity for many of our travelers. This forest is the largest Montaigne Forest in East and Central Africa. The heart of Nyungwe Forest National Park is covered in tall old mahoganies, ebonies with giant tree fern towers above you, whilst orchids and other epiphytes cling to every branch. it’s almost like an enchanted forest from a fairy tale movie while on this 2 days Chimpanzee tracking Nyungwe Safari.
Highlights For 2 days Chimp tracking Nyungwe Rwanda
- Amazing Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe forest
- Nature and Canopy walkway in Nyungwe
- Travel in a customized 4WD safari vehicle
- 1-night accommodation
- Delicious meals
- Airport transfers
Detailed 2 days Chimpanzee Tracking Nyungwe Itinerary
Day 1: Travel from Kigali to Nyungwe Forest National Park
Departure time 6:30 am
After your breakfast, your guide will pick you up and transfer you to Nyungwe forest, upon your arrival, you will check into your safari lodge and have lunch. After lunch, you will transfer to the Uwinka center for a briefing about the forest, general Chimpanzee trekking rules, registering for tracking, and then you will set out for a canopy walk till late in the afternoon.
The Canopy walkway consists of three bridges and three towers and is a total length of 160 m. The walkway is embedded in a guided tour along Igishigishigi Trail. You will learn the major characteristics of rainforests and why the canopy is an integral part of the tropical rainforest ecosystem. The canopy walk is 3hrs to and back. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Budget: Gisakura Guest House
- Mid-range: Nyungwe Top View Hotel
- Luxury: Nyungwe Forest Lodge
- Meal plan: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Morning Chimpanzee Trekking then transfer to Kigali city
Wake up at 5:30 am for early morning breakfast and then proceed to the Park headquarters with your packed lunch, for the chimpanzee trekking briefing at 6:00. After your briefing, you will set out for the Chimpanzee tracking activity which normally takes about two hours with a high chance of seeing other primates like black and white Colobus monkeys and also some forest birds, and then crown it all up with the Chimpanzees. After the chimpanzee tracking, return to the lodge for an early lunch then start your drive back to Kigali. Drop off at your desired destination. Meal plan: Breakfast and lunch.
What to bring for Chimpanzee trekking Nyungwe forest National Park
- A rain jacket is essential as it could unpredictably rain.
- Light clothes as the sun does shine pretty bright in this part.
- Torch is essential for safety purposes.
- A good insect repellent to keep those persistent insects away.
- Boots to use in Jungle of Nyungwe forest.
2-days Chimp Tracking in Nyungwe forest National Park Includes:
- All Meals as per itinerary
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation per itinerary
- Game drives as per itinerary
- Government taxes and levies
- Transportation in a 4X4 safari vehicle
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Pure bottled mineral water for drinking while on Safari
2-days Chimpanzee Tracking in Nyungwe forest National Park Excludes:
- International flights
- Rwanda Visa
- Travel and health insurance
- International / domestic departure taxes
- Other services of personal nature
- Soft and alcoholic beverages