2-days Nyiragongo hiking safari in Congo, Mountain Nyiragongo is so far the only standing active Volcano and Boiling crater in East Africa which is located in Virunga National Park on the border of Congo and Rwanda with over 11,000 feet high.
Detailed itinerary for 2 Days Mountain Nyiragongo Trekking safari
Day 1: Transfer to Nyiragongo
It is much better to sleep at Goma a 1-hour drive to Kibati the starting point for the hike. Therefore, early morning after breakfast, drive to Kibati by 9:00 am for a briefing about the hike. The hiking takes about 5 hours to view the point of Mountain Nyiragongo, move with a porter for help, lunch and dinner are well prepared in the process of the hike. Dinner and overnight in one of the huts at Nyiragongo.
Day 2: Transfer back to your desired destination
After having your breakfast, you will be transferred to the bottom of the mountain where you will meet your driver/guide to drive you back to your desired destination.
Gear provided for 2-days Mountain Nyiragongo Hiking includes.
- Sleeping bag.
- hat and rain poncho.
2-Days Nyiragongo Mountain hiking safari includes
- Mountain Nyiragongo Volcano Permit.
- Mikeno Package/Sleeping bags.
- Camping gears at the top of Nyiragongo.
- Accommodation and Meals as in the travel Plan.
- 4WD Safari Jeep transportation.
- Knowledgeable English-speaking guide.
- Drinking water and Lunch.
However, 2-Days Nyiragongo Mountain hike excludes.
- Rwanda Visa.
- Luxury Drinks and laundry.
- Tips to local guides.
- Porter fee while trekking / Hiking Mountain.
- Personal insurance and shopping bills.